The Samsung Galaxy range of mobile phones have some convenient features that can spare you some of the telephonic stresses in a day. One of these features is the block or reject a call function. By creating a reject list of phone numbers, the phone will automatically block calls from these numbers without you even having to press the Disconnect button on your phone. It is a simple and easy to use feature that can be useful in keeping telemarketers, phone stalkers and other telephonic irritations at bay. The best part is that it even works for calls coming from unknown numbers.
There is two way to set up the auto reject list. The first is by creating a list and manually adding each phone number that you want blocked. The other is to simply select a recent caller to be rejected from your call log list.
Creating A Reject Call List
- Swipe down to open the Home Page where you will see options for WiFi, GPS, Sound and so on.
- On the top right of the Home Page you will see the gear icon (wheel with square projections).
- Click on the gear icon and it will open the Settings page with the options for Connections, My Device, Accounts and so on.
- Click on the My Device and a number of different personalisation options will appear like Lock Screen, Display, LED indicator and so on.
- Click on the Call option (green icon with phone sign) and the call settings will open.
- Click on Call Rejection and then on Auto Reject list. Here you can create new numbers to add to the Auto Reject List.
You can also tick the Unknown option in the Auto Reject List to block all incoming phone calls from hidden numbers. Most companies in South Africa no longer call from unknown numbers even if the call is routed through a switchboard. So an unknown number is usually somebody who purposely does not want to be identified prior to you answering the call.
Selecting A Phone Number To Block
Just got a call from somebody who you would not like to hear from again? If you have a Samsung Galaxy cellphone you can block them in a few simple steps.
- Go to your Call Log. If you are not sure how to do this, here are the steps:
– Click on the green phone button like you are about to make a phone call.
– The keypad with digits will appear so you can dial a number.
– At the top of that screen is also Logs, Favourites and Contacts.
– Click on Logs and a list will appear containing all your incoming, missed and outgoing calls.
- Scroll down your call log list until you see the phone number that you want to block.
- Press on that number and keep holding your finger down until a small pop-up menu appears.
- This pop up menu should have options like Add To Contacts, Send Number and Add To Reject List.
- Click Add To Reject List and you are done! This number will be instantly rejected in future incoming phone calls.